Thursday, May 13, 2010

Birthday's for two different Samanthas! Girlie flowers and a tree themed cake!

Happy Birthday to Samantha #1 (turned 8) and Samantha #2 (turned 6). Although you're both #1 in my heart *tear*

I so enjoyed making BOTH of your birthday cakes last week! Samantha #2 even presented me with a challenge: make a cute, yummy, tree (yes, tree!) themed cake that would be fun and appropriate for a 6 year old girl's birthday!

Do I incorporate camo? twiggs? forrest nymphs? Nope. How about sugar trees and flowers amidst a stream in the woods? Bingo.


Side note: I created a new filling flavor for this cake! Nutella lovers unite! I made a surprisingly delightful Nutella & Chocolate filling that left Samantha very happy!

_______


Now for Samantha #1. She was very specific: bright blue, bright pink, bright yellow, and lots of flowers and butterflies. Oh, and glitter too - yeah, glitter. Maybe bright blue and pink glitter?



Kids + sugar + edible glitter = two awesome birthdays.

Check out more of Captivating Creation's cakes here!

1 comment: