Monday, March 29, 2010

Being Healthy AND Loving Cupcakes

As I just finished another work out, it dawned on me that it is both possible to love sweets (in this case, cupcakes & cake) and be healthy.

I read an article yesterday that gave women advice on how to lose weight 'like a man'. Men have the natural ability to burn 30% more calories than women on any given activity (yikes! no wonder my husband can pig out and still lose weight). But the one thing that stood out to me was this: Men are more likely to indulge themselves in food that they like whereas women may cut out sweets all together then end up binging on them later.

So, being the nutritional expert that I am (making cakes has to count for something, right?), I realized that we should not starve ourselves of food that we love, but rather, enjoy it in moderation. This is something that I have begun applying to my life and I have found that I truly enjoy food more and I feel better! I have cut down on portion size, but I still enjoy the yummy food that I love!

I absolutely believe that we are to take care of our bodies. God has given us these intricate bodies that we can do so much with! This blog is also the beginning to my development of delicious, and healthy treats that I am working on, but thats for another day ;-)

You may be wondering why I am blogging about this when I make cakes for a living. Well, that brings me to my next point...

We are not to deprive ourselves of good things (in moderation, within reasoning) and studies have shown that people who enjoy life live healthier! I read once about a 105 year old woman who ate an entire Cadbury chocolate bar everyday - for the past 40 years (hellooooo sponsorship deal?)! It helped her to enjoy life!

And, not to mention, how perfect our cupcakes for portion control? You can enjoy one and then you are done, and you aren't left with a giant cake that calls out your name at all hours in the night. This, my friends, is how you can both enjoy cupcakes, cakes & sweets AND still be healthy!

So go outside, enjoy life, and enjoy a cupcake or two ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment